By Ranger, Thai Intel’s political journalist
Corruption hurt business and all those involved in fighting corruption, should set a simple mandate, which is to fight corruption. The latest information on corruption have just been released by Transparency International, to whicj Thai Intel, quoted GJBKK.
GJBKK, a famous expatriate in Thailand, who had suffered a major accident, however, apparently had made a mistake and mixed up two of transparency international ratings. But he is correct that 18% of Thais have paid a bribe, a figure much better than countries such as Indonesia and Vietnam, and that Thaksin and Yingluck‘s government are less corrupt than Abhisit.
About 18% of Thais said they have paid a bribe in the last year, according to Transparency International’s Global Corruption Barometer, 2013, with a hefty chunk being 14% said they paid it to Thailand’s judicacy process.
It should be noted, that in the latest Transparency International report on Thailand, last year, Bangkok Post said that Thailand’s corruption was getting worse, as Thailand’s ranking compared to the globe fell. What the Bangkok Post left out, was that the raw data, of corruption under Yingluck was getting better, meaning less corruption. Bangkok Post also, of course, left out that that Yingluck raw data, was better than Thailand’s under Abhisit data. And the Bangkok Post also left out that the data of Thaksin‘s government, according to Transparency International, was the lest corrupt in recent memory. That Thaksin corruption data, was better than Abhisit’s data or the 2006 coup government data, meaning Thaksin government was less corrupt than both governments (Source: Transparency International perception ranking).
What is interesting is of course, as Thailand’s elite establishment and its independent unit, goes after Thaksin and Yingluck’s corruption, they are silence on Abhisit’s corruption. That of course, is in itself, a major “Policy Corruption.” So as most Thais see the issue of corruption, as simply a “Political Game” in poll after polls of Thais, the Thais have said corruption is acceptable.
- Bangkok Post censors murder Akeyouth sister statement & hype up tarnish forensic expert (thaijournalismwatch.wordpress.com)
- Corruption? Bangkok Post big-shot donates US$60,000 to Abhisit’s Democrat Party (thaijournalismwatch.wordpress.com)
- Corruption Focus: 3) Bangkok Post big-shot donates US$60,000 to Abhisit’s Democrat Party (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- USA Embassy Thailand Twitter profile page, like Bangkok Post, cut Yingluck out from picture (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Will Yingluck include “Grade A” people into her cabinet re-shuffle? (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Politics: 1) Bangkok Post & Abhisit use Egypt’s situation to legitimize elite establishment control of Thailand (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- GJBKK Blog says Thailand officially less corrupt under Yingluck (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Yingluck pumps fund into R&D starting with “Nano Tech” development (entrepreneurthai.wordpress.com)
- A strong Issan Region’s economy? What Bangkok Post & Reuters will not tell you! (assassinationthaksin.wordpress.com)