By Thai Journalism Watch
For the past few days, Thai press such as the Bangkok Post and Nation have been blasting away at a PM Yingluck Shinawatra minister, Prodprasop, for his many anti-protesters words, that he have made, as related to a major gathering on water management people in Chiang Mai Thailand.
- Of course, most Thai press have kept out the back-ground, as it reports those stark and hostile comments on protesters and NGO by Prodprasop.
The fact is, Thailand is a divided country, where most that have been active in protesting Thailand’s water management, in the past, are part of the old anti Yingluck and Thaksin movement. And most Thai NGOs, who Prodprasop also blasted at, are widely well known and accepted, to work for the Elite establishment. These two facts, about the water activist and NGO backing them, is known to all serious political observer of Thailand.
However, most Thai media observer say, not reporting the political angle to the protesters and NGO is acceptable as every media takes a side in Thailand. And political observer says protesters, political or real issue in nature, has the right to protest, about whatever, under Democratic principles. Prodprasop’s hostile actions, is just not acceptable, everyone agrees.
But interestingly, as the likes of Bangkok Post, goes maximum critical on Prodprasop, the big news is that Abhisit had to go to the DSI, to hear new murder charges levy on him.
To most media expert, that is big news in Thailand currently, as it is about “Murder” by a head of government, not just about something like “Bad Mouth” at protesters and NGO, such as Prodprasop did.
- “Abhisit hear new charges of murder” as the headline.
And in fact, according to journalism rules, that is the correct journalistic headline. The simple fact of the news is, Abhisit charged with more murder, there is no getting around that.
However, meanwhile, as the press such as Bangkok Post finds it so difficult to accept, that Prodprasop, perhaps is tired of all the water related protest, that are politically driven for years now, the Bangkok Post and others, have reported on the Abhisit new murder charge, as quote:
- “Abhisit reports to DSI” as the head-line.
Clearly, reports like that, by the Bangkok Post, is about doing public relations for Abhisit, in watering down the story.
Obviously, again, Bangkok Post and Nation are part of the anti democracy, Elite establishment, that supports Abhisit. And of course, Bangkok Post and Nation is anti Yingluck and Thaksin. And that is probably why the Bangkok Post is outraged at Prodprasop and doing public relations for Abhisit.
What is new, about Thailand’s “Low Quality” journalism? (Source: Thai Journalism Watch)
- Bangkok Post: Ballistic on Prodprasop anti-protest talk & Public Relations on Abhisit’s murder charge (thaijournalismwatch.wordpress.com)
- Bangkok Post: Critical on Prodprasop anti protest words & Public Relations on Abhisit murder charge (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Thai Culture: 4) Bangkok Post thinks it is acceptable to do public relations work for Abhisit on latest murder charge (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Exposing Abhisit’s Democrat Party net-work into Bangkok Post (thaijournalismwatch.wordpress.com)
- Abhisit’s Dems avoid “Coup” word, call event “Military intervention” in letter to globe (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Another “Sexual Related Attack” on Yingluck, this time by Abhisit’s Dems MP (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- If Bangkok Post & Nation are truthful about their product label, what should the label say? (thaijournalismwatch.wordpress.com)
- Bangkok Post, Nation & Thai Rath censors Yingluck supporting poll (thaijournalismwatch.wordpress.com)