By Tammy, Thai Intel. humanity journalist
Thailand’s Constitutional Court and supporters, yesterday, blasted back at PM Yingluck Shinawatra and other forces of Democracy in Thailand, right after the PM delivered a statement at a democracy conference, saying the anti democracy elements of the 2006 coup existed today in Thailand. That element, Yingluck points out, namely are the independent units such as the courts. In lashing back, the constitutional court made a fresh rulings yesterday, to accept a case against Parliament MPs, in the Parliaments amending the constitution.
This fresh acceptance, follows a series of previous rulings that gave the court power to manage how Parliament made law, that have seen the so called, independent Red Shirts protesting the courts.
Yingluck and forces making up Thailand’s democratic movement, again such as the so called independent Red Shirts protesting at the constitutional court, are trying to amend the 2006 military constitution to be democratic.
Aung San Suu Kyi says Thailand is the proof that a military constitution does not work. Most Thai political analyst, have been saying, Thailand is heading for a civil war, on account of the Constitutional Court, if the situation persists, with only Pheu Thai Party house dissolution and a new ele3ction, the way to ease off confrontation. However, as the Democrat Party is unable to win elections, the situation, and only a delay for the next government , close to Thaksin and the democratic movement, to confront the court again.
However, again, the court made a ruling, yesterday, on top of others, firming up its exertion of power over Parliament. The court, also, as expected postponed a ruling on former PM Abhisit Vejacheva MP Status.
Meanwhile, the far right, anti democracy movement as a whole, became active in massive numbers, also after Yingluck statement at the conference. For example, former Thai PM, Abhisit Vejacheva, said he has ordered Thailand’s former Foreign Minister, Kasit Pirom, to write a letter, to be sent to global units, in response. Most neutral observer laugh off the response, as Kasit and Abhisit are mostly shunned by global governments and democratic movements, except for UK and USA, two countries with a very long tradition of supporting “Bloody Thai Dictatorships.”
Also the Thai King cartoonist, among other iconic individual of the far extreme right, Chai Rajwat, came out to make a strong statement, calling Yingluck worse than a whore.
The far right media is also highly active.
Thai Rath, Thailand’s largest and a traditionalist newspaper, and the long-time anti-democracy and pro Elite Establishment, Bangkok Post, both big guns media, also came out with “Very Hard Hitting Reports” to destroy Yingluck’s credibility and position. However, those hard hitting reports, from Thai Rath and Bangkok Post, are based on “Unknown to Readers Sources” where in Thailand, it is common for journalist to make up reports themselves, using imagine up, source.
Most neutral media observer, on the social network, said Thai Rath and Bangkok Post, along with most of the far extreme right press, currently are deeply engaging in “propaganda” to support the far right wing trashing of Yingluck’s position on democracy, and propping up the Constitutional Court.
- PM Yingluck gets surprise kiss & expected attack on World Court (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Journalism: Why is Bangkok Post proud its news is similar to Manager, Naew Na, Thai Post & Siam Rath? (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Yingluck tells global conference on democracy elements of anti-democracy regime exist (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Thailand’s pro elite think tanks, TDRI & Future Foundation, back Abhisit against Yingluck spending (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Democracy: 3) Robert Amsterdam on Thai Courts Disrespect of Democracy, Liberty & Justice (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Democracy: 3) Elite establishment on major offensive, manipulating “Justice” & Related critical factors (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Thailand’s Constitutional Court judge: The law is me & I am the law (assassinationthaksin.wordpress.com)
- Democracy: 5) Yingluck statement at 7th Conference of the Community of Democracies, 29 April 2013 (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Democracy: 4) Yingluck tells Constitutional Court judges they are destroying check & balance (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)