- By Tammy, Thai Intel’s humanity journalist
Growing up in Thailand, as a Thai American-and I am quite old now, meaning in my 50s-and I often recall pictures of senior Rockefeller family member visiting the Thai Royalism, and this is quite often.
And in fact, I do not have a clue if this is correct or not, but the Thai press says all the time when those visits take place, that the Thai Royalism and the Rockefeller Family are close friends.
- Off course, if Thai Intel readers knows history, John D. Rockefeller, who put the family into the history book as one of the richest family of his time, also put his family into the history book, as one of the most ruthless and exploitative businessman that there ever was.
Well, here in Thailand, there is Lese Majeste, and so off course, one can not really say much about the Thai Royalism, except for the good stuff.
- But there are well known questions.
For example, Charungchit, close to a very high-ranking Thai Royalism, was present at several “Military Command Center” during the Abhisit crack-down of the protesters, that killed about 100 protesters-many in execution, sniper shot, to the head.
- And then, apart from close friends, like Charungchit actions, there is the approval of so many coups and elevation of so many Far Right, like Sorrayuth and Prem, to the council.
But in the USA, one can say pretty much anything, inside the law. And the latest from Jonh D Rockefeller great-grandson, AK Rockefeller, is some straight criticism of Thailand’s “Right Wing” philosophy.
The following is from the AK Rockefeller Blog:
Politics in Thailand, a devolution of senses.
Pitak Siam, a right-wing political faction, had mobilized a rally of over 5,000 Thais in Bangkok to support social inequality and a return of a military-backed Institution.
To many Thais living outside of the metropolis, the blazed elitist campaign proves to be a haunting prospect, the gnawing fear of returning to a time of unrest during the Coup of 2006. While as the urban poor communities, especially those living in the slums, are not easily swayed by feverish right-wing ideologies. They, like the foreigners working in Bangkok, have seen enough drama displaying Thai politicians and wannabes stirring the cauldron of societal construction at the heavy price of freedom and threats.
Members of Pitak Siam (Protecting Siam) have expressed the desire to see the dismantling of a government, all for their sake. Synergistic of a backtrack into a conservative authoritarian militarism and the daylight robbery of human rights fundamental.
The prospects of recruiting the military into the campaigns is low, though Thailand’s political landscape is dotted with members of the military, some working with the government, while others have expressed support for Pitak Siam and the “old days” of rule.
General Boonlert Kaewprasit, a retired officer, is the chief organizer of Pitak Siam.
He believes that the present government of Yingluck Shinawatra is corrupt and must be removed to save the country.
An overused accusation of governmental flaws, spiced with the usual exaggeration and character assassination attempts; though interestingly, conveniently failed to mention of the high-handed rule of the previous government, under former prime minister – Abhisit Vejjajiva. In those days, the rural poor lived in the deterioration of democracy, punished to live in ignorance within a recycled life of poverty.
While respecting the different ideologies of politics and societal needs, right-wing politics play a constricting role in Thailand – that Fear Factor and conformity into obedience. At times, to the few, inequality of the masses is inevitable and is beneficial for their vision and fermentation of a social disorder.
- Royalism: Thai King council remains silent after well publicized question he behind Fascist coup call (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Diplomacy: UK’s new Ambassador to Thailand understands Thai language (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Democracy: A proud Thai historical record? Fascist General goes on Thai TV calling for coup (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Politics: Thai Fascist & Churchill’s words: “Democracy is the worst form of government except all the others tried.” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Human Rights: Suthep’s twisted sense of reality took Abhisit on a murdering spree (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Politics: Behind the Fascist leader calling for coup 10,000 number is “Abhisit” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)