- By Ranger, Thai Intel’s political journalist
The joke going around on twitter, is that in 1976 the Thai establishment said, quote “killing communist is not a sin” and a few years ago with the Red Shirts, the Thai establishment said, quote “killing anti-monarchist is not a sin.”
The joke is, next time the Thai establishment will say, quote: “killing Thais that does not vote for us is not a sin” and on it will go, until the Thai establishment runs out of excuses to kill, and then they will say, quote “it is not a sin to kill anyone we do not like.”
The Following is from Political Prisoner Thailand
PPT joins with others in remembering the terrible events of 6 October 1976.
We have mentioned this before: The BBC has a program in its Witness series on the October 1976 events in Thailand, with archival audio footage of reporting from the time and Ajarn Puey Ungpakorn, and a present-day interview with Ajarn Thongchai Winichakul. Read Puey by following the links here.
PPT has Ajarn Puey’s famous “letter” that he wrote following the 1976 military coup and published as a pamphlet by The Union of Democratic Thais in the U.S. Our post from last year deserves attention again.
Prachatai has published a series of gruesome new photos from the horrific events.
- Time-Line Analysis: Bangkok Post deep analysis on lese majeste issue called “Breakthrough for Thailand” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Breaking Human Rights News: Thailand to officially have a “Prison” for “Political Prisoners” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Military Intelligence: Did the recent Thai military re-shuffle guaranteed a successful coup? (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Political Intelligence: CSP ranks Thailand 4th Globally for having the most coups since WW2 ended (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Political Intelligence: Siam Voice on Enlightened Jurist’s “How to prevent a coup” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Journalism: (12) Lone “Twitter” asked how did a pollster get in-touch with Thais hurt by flood for poll results? (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Political Intelligence: (2) Political Prisoner Thailand on “Banned Books” about Taksin (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Journalism: (7) Prachathai’s website numerous “Global-Class” journalism award anchors in “New Media” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Freedom News: Freedom House condemns Chiranouch trial in Thailand (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)