- By Ranger, Thai Intel’s political journalist
Well, it is official, after months of speculation and rumors of a secret “Conspiracy” plot to bring down the Pheu Thai Party government of Yingluck-with the Pheu Thai Party making a statement on the issue-confirming of the existence of the plan.
The following is from the Bangkok Post:
PT:Group aims to topple Yingluck govt
Published: 2/10/2011 at 03:26 PM
Online news: Local News
A group of politicians and former power holders are carrying out a nine-step plan to topple the government led by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit said on Sunday.
Mr Prompong, citing information from security agencies, said that the nine steps under the plan were as follows:
1. Using pro-opposition media to attack the Pheu Thai Party’s policies and its individual members;
2. Asking their former subordinates at various ministries not to cooperate with the present administration;
3. Inciting government officials who have been transferred to petition for justice with agencies concerned to discredit the government;
4. Inciting the people to file complaints against individuals in the government;
5. Using activists in the guise of non-governmental organisations to attack the government;
6. Using media in control and the social network to spread the news that the Yingluck government is doing everything only to help former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra;
7. Accusing Pheu Thai members and government members of not being loyal to the monarchy;
8. Launching physical attacks on core members of the red shirts, Pheu Thai and important persons in the government; and
9. Seeking to dissolve the Pheu Thai Party.
The Pheu Thai spokesman said it was speculated the group aimed to bring down the Yingluck administration before May next year.
- Journalism: (9) Abhisit wants “Equal” media time to off-set Yingluck’s increased media exposure (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Journalism: (11) Thai prime minister Twitter “Hacked” evidence points to “Ultra-Nationalist” working (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Media Analysis: Yingluck government allows anti-Pheu Thai Party & Red Shirts “Channel 11″ to continue but “Why?” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Thai Business Factoids Analysis: From Bangkok Post being right to Thai businesses being wrong (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Political Analysis: Who is Thailand’s Prime Minister? “Thank God it is not Prem or a Thai military general” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Military Analysis: (5) Yingluck’s Pheu Thai Party sets-up major meet of “Democratic Thinking” Thais in “Coup-Friendly” Thailand (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Thai Politics Factoids Analysis: From Matichon’s fight on reconciliation to the video surveillance silver bullet (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Journalism: (12) Lone “Twitter” asked how did a pollster get in-touch with Thais hurt by flood for poll results? (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- The Yingluck Government Analysis: The people vs the special interest (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Journalism: (10) Right on the money before “Star Chart” senior Thai journalist predicts “Thai Crisis” next January (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)