- By Tammy, Thai Intel’s humanity journalist
It sounds like a game show. But how did this “Game Show” came about.
Well, about 5-6 years ago, when the Thai establishment was trying to get rid of Taksin, Abhisit of the Democrat Party and the Yellow Shirts, cooked up an causation that Taksin was negotiating with the Cambodians, for an oil deal that would see the deal be pocketed by Taksin-for his personal interest.
Well, Thailand and Cambodia-were indeed negotiating for an oil deal, there is no secret here, by a joint committee-but that bit about Taksin pocketing the deal for himself-was purely for political gain-and ever since, many Thais believe what the Yellow Shirts and Abhisit says-that Taksin is trying to corner an oil deal for himself.
So after Taksin lost power, Abhisit became the prime minister of Thailand, and relations between the two countries soured-but instead of accepting the blame for the soured relation-Abhisit just kept up the “Game of Blaming” Taksin for everything bad between the two countries-including like, Taksin selling out Thailand’s interest to Cambodia-and he was the real hero in protecting Thailand-and mentioning the oil deal thing now and then.
The funny thing is, the Cambodians, now say, Abhisit through his security chief, Suthep-have in fact tried to strike an oil deal with Cambodia-in several secrets talks.
Both Abhisit and Suthep, since then, have been like saying this and that about the whole thing-then finally, said it was Cambodia’s leader getting back at the both of them, for the sour relations.
Then Abhisit starts the whole thing all over again, with the current Taksin visiting Cambodia-saying Taksin is there to strike an oil deal-going against Thailand’s interest-and he, Abhisit, is the hero, off course.
Meanwhile, Yingluck’s government, is asking the Senate to investigate Abhisit’s secret oil and gas talk.
The end result of all of the above, again, an offer from Taksin’s lawyer: “Anyone who can prove Taksin has an oil deal in Cambodia gets US$ 3 million.”
Off course, if Abhisit is smart, he will say: “Anyone who can prove I have an oil deal with Cambodia gets US$4 million.”
The following is from MCOT:
Pheu Thai petitions Senate to probe Suthep on secret talks with Cambodia
BANGKOK, Sept 15 – Pheu Thai party spokesman Prompong Nopparit on Thursday petitioned the Senate to investigate claims made by Cambodia regarding secret talks between former deputy prime minister Suthep Thaugsuban with his Cambodian counterpart Sok An.
Mr Prompong submitted the document, saying it is not a personal conflict, to Jitipoj Viriyaroj, chairman of the Senate Political Situation Monitoring Committee.
The Phnom Penh Post published a Cambodian National Petroleum Authority (CNPA) statement saying meetings between high ranking officials including Prime Minister Hun Sen, Deputy Minister Sok An, former Thai deputy prime minister Suthep and former defence minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan took place between June 2009 and July 2010, both inside and outside Cambodia, to deal with overlapping claims to the offshore area believed to be rich in oil and gas reserves.
“After this matter went public, over 2,000 people expressed concern and wanted Pheu Thai Party to check and verify the issue,” Mr Prompong said.
According to Cambodian premier Hun Sen, secret talks took place three times between Mr Suthep and Mr Sok An.
As Mr Abhisit earlier accused deposed premier Thaksin Shinawara of having secret interests with Cambodia, the CNPA statement said it needed to reveal the truth “to protect the interests of Cambodia and H.E. Thaksin Shinawatra against baseless allegations made on the part of the Democrats.”
Meanwhile, Mr Suthep in early September denied Cambodia’s claims and reasserted it was Mr Sok An who had contacted him for unofficial meetings, before an official meeting on maritime demarcation would officially be held.
Mr Jitipoj received the documents and asked for some time for an investigation. (MCOT online news)
- Military Intelligence: Yingluck “Normalizes” Thailand’s relation with cambodia, with “Thai Spies” future, hanging on a clift (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Trade Intelligence: Yingluck orders Thai Foreign Ministry to probe Abhisit’s secret Thai Cambodia talk on oil & gas development (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Political Intelligence: Chalerm source on “The Litmus Test of The Taksin Issue” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Transparency News: The politicization of Thai corruption, called “Worse in History” during Abhisit’s government (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Political Intelligence: (2) Political Prisoner Thailand on “Banned Books” about Taksin (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Foreign Relations News: All talk in Bangkok on Taksin’s passport but what of Abhisit’s passport if he has to exile Thailand? (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Thai Political Intelligence: The “Big Secret” in Thailand “Interpol” calls Taksin corruption case “Political” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)