- Palestine gets money for internet start-up
The Middle East is rocking to its foundation from social media enlightening the people there of their power and rights for better life. Protesters continue to hit the streets in protest-very much organized through the social media-with internet sites like wikileaks spurring them on.
It is interesting to note, that a venture capital fund is now there to invest in Palestine high-tech firms.
Palestinian Technology Venture Fund MEVCF Launches Operations (Middle East)
The Middle East Venture Capital Fund (MEVCF) has announced that it has secured US$28.7 million in commitments. The fund will invest in Palestinian startups focused on the internet, mobile and software sectors. Those making commitments include Cisco, Google, The Soros Economic Development Fund, Skoll Foundation, Jean and Steve Case and the European Investment Bank.
- Palestinians get their first technology venture fund (venturebeat.com)
- Aspen Institute Statement on Palestinian Information Communications Technology Capacity Building Initiative (prnewswire.com)
- DealBook: Investing at the Bottom of the Venture Capital Cycle (dealbook.nytimes.com)
- Visualize Venture Capital Funding with Fundastic.Info (readwriteweb.com)
- CHART OF THE DAY: Venture Capital Fund Raising At A Seven Year Low (businessinsider.com)
- Roger Ehrenberg: What Keeps Venture Investors Up At Night (huffingtonpost.com)
- Facebook Intifada Page Strikes a Social Media Chord (thenextweb.com)
- Google To Launch Venture Capital Fund (blogs.sitepoint.com)
- Looking for Venture Capital Funds? (vcequityblog.com)