- The US intelligence apparatus just de-classified its report on Thailand‘s royalist “Vigilante” cyber-gangs going after those who express their view freely on the internat-particularltly the Red Shirts see here.
Asian correspondent, meanwhile, reports that a number of Thais have sought and were granted political asylum in the UK-because they were threatened with “Death Threat” over their internet activity by these vigilante gangs. The UK admitted to accepting one such asylum seeker.
- John Francis Lee made the following comment:
- To explore Thailand’s drift towards Nazi style of state, see here.
The Ministry of Justice is inviting people to join its ‘Cyber Scout’ training programme in order to build a network of volunteers to protect the monarchy in the online world.
Asst Prof Dr Nuanwan Sunthornphisat, lecturer on computer science at Kasetsart University, will discuss computer-related laws, ethics in computer use, and case studies of unethical use.
Asst Prof Patcharaporn Suwannakut from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of Valaya Alongkorn Rajabhat University will talk about HM the King’s genius in various fields and important royal activities and projects.
And Dr Pakaket Wattuya, lecturer on computer science at Kasetsart University, will lecture on the right way to use computers and the internet, provide tips on basic maintenance and solutions to computer problems, recommend interesting websites, explain computer crimes and introduce preliminary measures to prevent crime.
- Thailand’s Emergency: Who Killed the King? (advocacy.globalvoicesonline.org)
- WikiLeaks cables: Thai leaders doubt suitability of prince to become king (guardian.co.uk)