Blog Note: Check out what this crazy girl Vorakorn said: “I ‘unfriended’ a friend of 40 years on Facebook as lots of her friends are red shirts who post extremely harsh criticisms of the government. I’d rather not see their posts.” Vorakorn is married to the Democrat Party MP Finance Minister.
Well, as most of Thai Intel long term readers knows-there are journalist at Thai Intel that actually went to work for the Democrat Party for 2-3 months a few years back-because that journalist was suffering from severe financial difficulties.
That is to say, in a long way around, that even today, Thai Intel still have high level sources in-side the Democrat Party.
One such source just contacted Thai Intel, and said: “There are a few inside the Democrat Party that are not comfortable with the authoritarian jacket we have been wearing.”
Well, that came as a surprised to Thai Intel-as the government and the coalition are celebrating a victory in the by-elections as the “End of Taksin” in Thailand to the level that Chalerm, de facto leader of the opposition just admitted defeat in that by-elections.
To cut the story short, the Democrat Party MP told Thai Intel that the world is changing and values such as democracy, justice and liberty are becoming global values that penetrates every country.
“They say the military may have won the battle but have lost the war and there are a few in the Democrat Party who believes that Abhisit may have won the battle with the military, but with the military, Abhisit have lost the war.”
He said that, “The Democrat Party is now aligned 100% to authoritarianism and anti-democratic principles.”
Thai Intel did not have a very long conversation with the Democrat Party MP-we are sorry.
We just agreed to hit one of the clubs together next weekend and just have some fun-remembering the old days when some Thai Intel journalist was working for the Democrat Party.
Thai Intel means the Democrat MP knows Thai Intel is republican and supports the opposition-yet they can call up and say something like: “I am not very happy these days” is just like so nice of him.
One thing about the Democrats that Thai Intel likes, at least they are not like the Yellow Shirt-where just because you are happened to be Red Shirts, they would cut you off their best friends list just in a blink of an eye.
God, I miss the old days of Thai politics-where every politicians were just friends first.
The way the Democrat Party sees every one as enemy like these days, is just so un-characteristic of them.
Like Vorakorn says: “I ‘unfriended’ a friend of 40 years on Facebook as lots of her friends are red shirts who post extremely harsh criticisms of the government. I’d rather not see their posts.”
- Thai court drops legal case against ruling party (sfgate.com)
- Thai court drops legal case against ruling party (ctv.ca)
- Thai court drops legal case against ruling party (foxnews.com)
- Thai court drops legal case against ruling party (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Thai court ruling allows Prime Minister Abhisit to retain power – Christian Science Monitor (news.google.com)
- PRESS DIGEST – Thai newspapers – December 13 (reuters.com)
- Thai Premier Signals Conditions for Elections Almost Fulfilled (businessweek.com)
- You: Thai PM faces court as ban threat hangs over party (france24.com)
- Thai Court Clears Democrat Party of Election Fraud in Victory for Abhisit – Bloomberg (news.google.com)
- Thai Ruling Party ‘Confident’ It Will Survive Verdict (businessweek.com)
- Report: Thai court dismisses case against ruling party (cnn.com)
- PRESS DIGEST – Thai newspapers – December 9 (reuters.com)
- Thai court dismisses case against ruling party (ft.com)
- PRESS DIGEST – Thai newspapers – Dec 2 (reuters.com)
- Thai court spares governing party (bbc.co.uk)
- Thai governing party faces court (bbc.co.uk)
- Thai Government Faces Court Decision (online.wsj.com)