Blog Note: The emergency decree enforcer promise a “Month of Happiness” to the Thais during this month cerebration of the Thai King, by getting serious with lese majeste. The exact wording is “getting serious with groups of Thais” on lese majeste. Well, looks like the royal Thai military will be real happy this month putting away Thais who speak their minds.
- The following is from Matichon, a local newspaper, Today
“Emergency situation enforcer unit promises a month of happiness (in cerebrating the Thai King’s brithday) by getting serious on lese majeste. The unit sent police to crackdown on Red Shirts talk show. Police looking for angle to take legal action against venue site for talk show. Red Shirts says it is their basic human rights. Emergency situation enforcer unit bans talk show, and looking for ways to link it to lese majeste.”
- Interview with Chiranuch Premchaiporn of Thai Neitzen Network (eff.org)
- Webmaster of popular Thai news website arrested on return from Internet freedom conference (foxnews.com)
- Thai news site webmaster arrested for second time (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Analysis: Crackdown on dissent risks stoking Thai crisis (reuters.com)