By Stingray, Thai Intel’s national security journalist
Well, whatever the Thai newspaper have been running, Yahoo news that covers Thailand for the global audience-have like been running reports after reports of terrorist in Thailand’s Deep South or as the Thai military calls them-Insurgents-killing Thais down there like on a daily basis.
They say one can tell about the media of a country and the people of that country that the media is a part of-by just looking at the head-line in the newspaper.
So off course, if one have been reading any Thai newspaper like even the Bangkok Post-one can not escape the twisted saga of the relationship between two Thai celebrities and the people behind Thailand’s creative industry-namely the movie and music business.
But Matichon, Thailand’s only independent media left-wrote in a small story-that would have been the headline of any newspaper in most countries around the globe if it were to happen to their country-and that little piece of news in Matichon is that terrorist in Thailand’s Deep South, have succeeded in doing what they said they will do for the first time-and that is to run Buddhist out of Muslim dominated communities.
According to Matichon, a few days ago, was the first time in Thailand-that a Thai community in the Deep South-saw all Bhuddist running out-meaning that the terrorist have succeeded in emptying out all Buddhist.
According to Matichon, the last Bhuddhist couple, of that community, packed their bags and just left.
That off course-got very little attention in Thailand where the government keeps saying the problems in the Deep South of Thailand is improving.
And since the military runs Thailand currently and they are the ones who told the government that things are getting better-what can the government say but that indeed things are getting better.
Then the media off course, apart from Matichon, are all part of the government propaganda-and thus how dare the Thai media report such a historic achievement of the Deep South terrorist.
All the focus off course went to DNA testing of a celebrity child to find the father-with Mega Headlines at every twist of the story.
Meanwhile, Anupong, who will be replace by the “Hot Head” Prayuth as Thailand’s army chief-and that means the Thai military-in a few days just together went to the Deep South to celebrate the change over of power in private.
Meanwhile the global Muslim league says they are worried about the Thai government policies in the Deep South. And as a global class security analyst says, and please research Thai Intel older reports, the problem with terrorism in the Thai Deep South-is just simple-Thailand is Bangkok centric.
As always-the question is appeasement and a political lead strategy-or just military tactics-to deal with the Deep South terrorist. The question is exactly the same as how to deal with the Red Shirt. And off course, the elite rule of Thailand opted for continued confrontation and propaganda.
By the way, the story on the celebrities is in fact kind of interesting-because now, celebrities are getting close to being as entertaining as the elite rule of Thailand.
- Thailand willing to mediate Mindanao conflict (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- Four Buddhists killed in restive Thai south (reuters.com)
- Five Buddhists killed in restive Thai south (reuters.com)
- After Years of Upheaval, Not All Is Well With Thailand’s Youth (nytimes.com)
- Three shot dead in Thai restive south (reuters.com)
- Three killed in Thailand’s insurgency-plagued south (reuters.com)
- Thai Silk Fabric Website Fights for Village Lifestyles (pr.com)
- Bombing at Royal Turf Club raises security concerns in Thai capital (foxnews.com)
- You: Detainee’s death stirs anger in restive Thai south (france24.com)
- New Bomb Raises Security Concerns in Thai Capital (nytimes.com)
- Thai art teacher caught on cell phone camera caning students for not cleaning their dormitory (foxnews.com)
- New bomb raises security concerns in Thai capital (sfgate.com)
- New bomb raises security concerns in Thai capital (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Military shakeup could derail Thai peace moves (reuters.com)
- Thai teacher caught on cell phone caning students (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- New Thai Army Chief Named (online.wsj.com)
- Thailand Braces for Anniversary Protests (online.wsj.com)
- PRESS DIGEST – Thai newspapers – Sept 22 (reuters.com)
- PRESS DIGEST – Thai newspapers – September 17 (reuters.com)
- PRESS DIGEST – Thai newspapers – September 23 (reuters.com)
- Bangkok Post publishes Thailand’s first 3D newspaper (blogs.journalism.co.uk)
- Thai news site webmaster arrested for second time (sfgate.com)
- PRESS DIGEST – Thai newspapers – Sept 27 (reuters.com)
- PRESS DIGEST – Thai newspapers – August 5 (reuters.com)
- PRESS DIGEST – Thai newspapers – Sept 7 (reuters.com)