By Stingray-this blog’s security journalist
Thai tank commanders who are anxious to stage another coup, were told by Thai military high command, today, that: “Coup, Not Yet.”
According to Thai military high command, who told this blog off record, the military is greatly angered at the Abhisit government for a variety of reasons, but for economic reasons, it will not stage a coup at this point.
The high command is angered at Abhisit namely because:
- Abhisit has ignored that fact that the Thai military high command has a “Non-Total Command” over the entire military apparatus and thus to link the high command to the assassination attempt of Sondhi Lim, is not fair and is politicizing the matter.
- Abhisit has rejected the high command several urging that Thailand faces many external threats and needs to fine tune its military equipment stack, but Abhisit have denied those request.
- Abhisit has cut the pay for military personnel and channelled the resources towards winning the political battle at the grassroots levels.
- Abhisit has refused to listen to the high command of potential for a new wave of terrorist activity in Thailand’s Deep South and a serious risk that a lack of attention may leading to Thai terrorist international linkages.
- Abhisit has refused to tone down its extreme anti-Taksin position that have backfired and is damaging the palace.
According to the high command, the military will not stage a coup at this point for one reason only and that is because Thailand’s economy is: “Not Ready.”
However, tank comanders in contact with this blog said they were ready to stage a coup and if the pressure keeps mounting, there were limits and they may take matter into their own hands.