Currently, in Thailand, much of the discussion is about Thailand’s former prime minister, Abhisit, dodging military service, and the journalist are reporting on it.
Bangkok Post‘s national security journalist, Wassana, just twittered, yesterday, the following:
“พล.อ.ประยุทธ์ จี้ลูกน้องเตือนสื่อเขียนบทความวิพากษ์แรงบทบาททบ.เรื่องมาร์คหนีทหาร “ให้ไปบอกเค้าเลยว่าผมสั่งมา”….ดีนะไม่สั่งให้ย้อนยุค”
In translation, it says:
“Thai army chief, Prayuth, bitched at his subordinates to warn journalist who are critical of the military relating to Abhisit‘s escaping military service by telling the journalist, it is my order,” twittered Wassana.
Earlier, Prayuth told the Thai press, quote: “The military have already held an investigation into the Abhisit situation, and found no wrong doing by Abhisit.”
“Wrong doings by the Defense Minister for negligence to investigate the situation but not Abhisit’s wrong doings.”
Therefore, Yingluck’s Defense Minister, Sukumpol, held a press conference, and at the press conference, produced evidence, that most of the local press said, quote:
“Confirms Abhisit wrongly escaped mandatory military service with unsubstantiated documents that were not in the public records.”
Since then, the local press have been reporting the event, and it led to the Thai army chief, Prayuth, latest order to journalists.
Many local press noted, that the Abhisit escaping military service case, was originally investigated and cleared, during, quote:
The Yingluck’s Pheu Thai Party MP, that originally broke the news about his investigation into the Abhisit escaping military service, says, quote:
“Senior military generals help Abhisit make up fake documents.”
Sorrayuth was also the prime minister, after the 2006 coup, to which Prayuth has a close relationship with.
As for Abhisit, he said, quote:
“If the documents are fake, it is the fault of those who issued them, not me as I only used them.”
Thai Intel just wants to make a note, that in a country that functions normally, the military, does not order journlaist around, and the military does not allow citizens, in countries with conscription, to dodg military service with fake documents.
But this is Thailand.
Bravo, Charlie, Tango! Way to go Prayuth.
- Justice: Abhisit “Snake Out” of “Tightly Wrapped” conscription & donation case (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- ASEAN Defense: Yingluck, Sukhumpol & Prayuth increase CIA advised “Safety Zones” in terrorism infected “Deep South” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- ASEAN Defense: Thailand’s most influential military affairs columnist “Cautious” military against “Coup” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- ASEAN Defense: Thai army chief “You have two years to fight & settle differences with AEC looming” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- ASEAN Defense: Bangkok Post’s Wassana “Thai Army Chief, Prayuth, Rejects “All” Arms Dealers Appointements” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)