- by Stingray, Thai Intel’s national security journalist
“Thailand is falling behind other countries because democracy never had a chance to fully developed, and it is because of all these coup,” said the columnist Si Surasak.
Top Gun, a military affairs magazine, that have always took a strong anti-Red Shirts protesters position, have also seen Si Surasak, in his latest report, “Strongly Criticized” the opposition of Abhisit‘s Democrat Party, in its behavior in Parliament recently.
“The Democrat Party action, is to set the stage for a coup, by taking Thai politics into the gutter with its behavior in Parliament,” says Si Surasak.
Si Surasak, said a military coup in Thailand is currently possible, if politics deteriorate, but it will not be staged by the Thai Army Chief, Prayuth, but by senior soldiers that surrounds Prayuth, who, quote: “Are always looking for the opportunity to stage a coup.”
That soldier, was not identified by Si Surasak, but it is widely believed in Thailand’s military circle that Prayuth’s close friend, Daopong, is in favor of a coup.
- Journalism: The latest from Wall Street Journal shows how “Destructive” Bangkok Post is to Thailand (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- ASEAN Defense: Thailand choosing new airforce chief with decision on U-Tapao “ASEAN Air Evacuation Hub” pending (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- ASEAN Defense: Cambodia “Neutralizes” Thailand from ASEAN position on China’s “Pacific Expansionism” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- ASEAN Defense: Thai army chief “You have two years to fight & settle differences with AEC looming” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)