- by Ranger, Thai Intel’s political journalist
Thailand‘s former prime minister, Abhisit, is showing his top “Snake Like” form, in escaping the “Tightly Wrapped” cases bought against him.
The first case is about his escaping mandatory military service, where Abhisit told Channel 3 that, quote: “If the documents are fake, it is the people who issued the documents that are at fault, as I only used the documents.”
According to local reports, Abhisit could have used “Fake Documents” to gain a teaching position at a Thai Military Academy. That teaching position, as a military officer with ranks thus gave Abhisit the excuse, to be excuse from mandatory military service.
In that teaching post, Abhisit asked for excused from teaching service, for much of the teaching posting.
- “I call on the Thai defense establishment, the military academy and the parliament ombudsman to all investigate the situation……If Abhisit indeed used fake evidence to gain a teaching post, the military academy, must change its documents, from honorary discharged from military service, to being kicked out of the military,” says Pheu Thai Party spokesman.
The case is over twenty years old, and carry with it, perhaps little legal ramification. However, politically, the case could damage Abhisit’s reputation and tarnish his image.
The second case, Abhisit is “Snaking Out” of, involves a flooding two years ago, when Abhisit was the prime minister, where donations to help the flooded were made.
Apparently, a former senator, is using evidence to prove that the donations, money and food, went to the Democrat Party and not the government donation drive. Because the firm involved in the donation, East Water, is a company that does business with the state, such a donation, if indeed it went to the Democrat Party, indicates influence peddling and can lead to the disbandment of the Democrat Party.
- When the news came out, originally, the Democrat Party took down its website, which showed details of the whole donation drive. Since then, calls have been made for Abhisit Democrat Party, to come clean and provide all documents.
However, the Democrat Party, lead by Abhisit, launched an attack on that Senator, as being corrupt.
“He (the senator) should look into his own conduct because it is filled with corruption and leave the Democrat Party out of his dirty politics,” says Abhisit, reports Matichon.
- Justice: Thai anti corruption network, with links to Abhisit & Yellow Shirts, mums on Abhisit & accuses Yingluck of corruption (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Politics: Thaksin latest on Yingluck “She is better than me at filtering out political noise” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Diplomacy: Thai opposition says tear up Thai USA “Friendship” because Thaksin OK to enter USA (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Human Rights: Little “Focus” on Abhisit as lese majeste issue hit “Quake” level in Thailand (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Politics: Abhisit’s security chief, Suthep, threatened Thaksin’s family in Thailand (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Justice: Analysis “Would the International Criminal Court accepts case against the Butcher of Bangkok, Abhisit?” (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)